Each group is to produce multiple iterations / versions of their geometric construct.
-parts should be contained within a 10x10x10 inch bounding box.
- groups are to explore differentiated variations between parts and the parametric logic of the variations.
-prototypes are to be presentation quality and fabricated using CUArch equipment (i.e laser cut styrene is an analog for laser cut steel)
Group 1 (Jeremy, Bobby, Brandon)
- focus on the scale of perception/fabrication. For example, the piece may be read on multiple levels, form / mass, cut (z dimension), finish (tool path)
- explore multiple z cuts and tool paths within a controlled from.
Group 2 (Alex, Jaime, Charlotte, Michelle)
- Explore the depth of pattern and the resulting ‘moire’ pattern.
- How does the fold structure the system
Group 3 (Amanda, Mandira, May)
- Explore the relation of the push and pull of the Corbe/Softlab/Playlab system
- What is the base module
- Mircoscale effect, how do we pattern the surface to produce a secondary reading, is each piece unique, or is it the aggregation of many of the same? (Tom Dixon)